The Music Technology programme at Northeastern University in Boston (USA) is presenting a 4-concert electroacoustic concert series this winter 2010. Concert #1 on January 23, 2010 is featuring Gilles Gobeil (and will include Dreams in the Desert by Elainie Lillios) and concert #2 on February 13 is featuring Denis Smalley (and will include à la cire perdue by Laurie Radford). Both these first concerts are presented at The Fenway Center in Boston (USA).
The Festival de Radio France et Montpellier Languedoc-Roussillon (France) will take place from July 13 to 31, 2009. Coming up:
- July 27: diffusion of Pentes by Denis Smalley;
- July 28: diffusion of Sémaphores by Christian Zanési;
- July 30: diffusion of Pierre Schaeffer’s works Étude pathétique [Étude aux casseroles] and Bilude as well as the premiere of Le travail du rêve by Francis Dhomont.
The 1974 classic Pentes by Denis Smalley (available on Sources / scènes) and works by Suk-Jun Kim and Paul Koonce will be in concert at the Technische Universität (TU) in Berlin (Germany) on May 14, 2009.
The 5th edition of the Présences “électronique” festival will be held at the 104 in Paris (France), on March 13 — 15, 2009. Its highlights: Denis Smalley, Bernard Parmegiani, Denis Dufour, eRikm, Luc Ferrari, and many others!
SARC of Queen’s University Belfast (Northern Ireland, UK) presents a week of “solo” concerts on February 16-20, 2009. The guest composers all have discs on empreintes DIGITALes: Adrian Moore, Jonty Harrison, David Berezan, Pete Stollery, and Denis Smalley.
The 5th edition of the Sound and Music Computing Conference (SMC ’08) will take place from July 31 to August 3, 2008 in Berlin (Germany). Starting July 23 concerts will be presented as part of the Inventionen 2008 festival. The joined programme is absolutely outstanding: many artists will be there, such as Martin Bédard, François Bayle, Ivo Malec, Bernard Parmegiani, Jean-Claude Risset, Denis Smalley, Horacio Vaggione, Annette Vande Gorne… Not to be missed:
- July 26: concert by Gilles Gobeil (Trilogie d’ondes) with Suzanne Binet-Audet playing ondes Martenot;
- July 27: concert “60 Jahre Musique Concrète & 50 Jahre GRM”;
- July 31: SMC ’08 opening concert with Gilles Gobeil (premiere of Castalie), Ludger Brümmer, Hans Tutschku et Åke Parmerud.