- Annette Vande Gorne
- Year of composition: 2004
- Duration: 13:49
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: Noise Watchers Unlimited
- ISWC: T0018645958
To Claude Lenners
Aerial or blocked space, in movement or static, in contrasting colours, materials and movements… but what does ‘space’ mean? Here, each part requests a ‘complimentary soul’ from the performer at the mixing board, a certain virtuosity. In the tradition of the classical study or prelude, the piece has been designed as an instrumental gesture, as space figures conditioning the gestural answer of the performer.
[English translation: François Couture, ix-07]
Figures d’espace was realized in 2004 at the Métamorphoses d’Orphée studio of Musiques & Recherches in Ohain (Belgium), and premiered on November 20, 2004 during the Rainy Days festival at Villa Louvigny (Luxembourg). The piece was commissioned by Noise Watchers Unlimited. Thanks to Claude Lenners.
- November 20, 2004, Rainy Days 2004: Concert final du stage de spatialisation, Villa Louvigny, Luxembourg (Luxembourg)
- 2004, Métamorphoses d’Orphée — Musiques & Recherches, Ohain (Belgium)