(Proust Project) Personnal reading of the first pages of Du côté de chez Swann (Swann’s Way) (1913) by Marcel Proust (1871-1922). (Recorded narration: Marc Béland)
Projet Proust was realized at the composer’s studio in Montréal (Québec) in 1995 and premiered on December 23, 1995 during the radio show Le son électrisé produced by Georges Nicholson on Radio-Canada’s FM network. The final version (with narration by Marc Béland; recorded by Pierre Labbé) was revised and remixed in 2000-01 and premiered on April 11, 2001 during the Rien à voir (9) concert series presented by Réseaux at Ex-Centris in Montréal. Projet Proust was commissioned by Société Radio-Canada. Projet Proust was awarded a Mention at the 1st Biennial Acousmatic Composition Competition, Métamorphoses 2000 (Ohain, Belgium). Thanks to Mario Gauthier, the radio program musical advisor and instigator for the commission.
- December 23, 1995, Le son électrisé, Réseau FM de Radio-Canada, Canada
- February 17, 1999, Concert premiere: Rien à voir (5): Concert des fondateurs, La Chapelle — scènes contemporaines, Montréal (Québec)
- April 11, 2001, Premiere of the final version: Rien à voir (9): concert solo: … dans le silence de la nuit…, eXcentris, Montréal (Québec)
- Pierre Labbé • Montréal (Québec)
- 1995, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
- 2000 – 2001, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)