Three Fictions (Northern Mix)
- Natasha Barrett
- Year of composition: 2000
- Duration: 10:34
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: IMEB
- ISWC: T0006107318
The three fictions are loosely narrative, and loosely algorithmic in structure. Each movement presents a brief glimpse of a sight, a sound, a sensation, where the composer is sometimes placed explicitly within the sounding narrative, other times lurking somewhere behind the music. Much of the sound material originated from analogue tone generators, underwent rigorous transformation processes, and is clearly juxtaposed with environmental sources.
The first version of this work, Three Fictions, was realized in February 2000 at the Charybde studio of the Institut international de musique électroacoustique de Bourges (IMEB, France) and premiered on June 2000 during Synthèse, the Festival international de musique expérimentale de Bourges (France). The piece was commissioned by IMEB. The current version, Three Fictions (Northern Mix), was revised and realized in the fall of 2000 at the composer’s studio.
- 2000-02, Charybde — Institut international de musique électroacoustique de Bourges (IMEB), Bourges (Cher, France)
- 2000-09 – 2000-11, Personal studio, Oslo (Norway)
- June 2000, Synthèse 2000: Concert, Bourges (Cher, France)