- Natasha Barrett
- Year of composition: 2001
- Duration: 11:32
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T0006107341
One mile away, a small but sharp valley has been cut into the landscape. Occasionally, the distant sound of industry wafts from this valley around the garden. This is not the annoyance normally associated with the voice of industry.
When out for a stroll one evening, I happen to walk in the direction of the valley. The landscape is temporarily idling from the process of being sculpted by powerful machines. In the half-light heaps of earth appear as sand dunes, rocks dripping with water are caves at the sea. Tomorrow the landscape will sing with machines.
Industrial Revelations was realized in 2001 at the composer’s studio and premiered on the November 18, 2001 during the concert celebrating the relocation of Notam (Norsk nettverk for Teknologi, Akustikk og Musikk / Norwegian network for Technology, Acoustics and Music) in Oslo (Norway). Industrial Revelations was awarded First Prize in the Musica Nova 2001 International Competition of Electroacoustic Music (Prague, Czech Republic), and an honorable mention at the 4th Concurso Internacional de Música Eletroacústica de São Paulo (CIMESP ’01, Brazil).
- November 18, 2001, Concert, Oslo (Norway)
- 1st prize, Category A (fixed medium), Musica Nova 2001, Prague (Czech Republic)
- Honorable Mention, International Electroacoustic Music Contest of São Paulo 2001, São Paulo (Brazil)
- 2001, Personal studio, Oslo (Norway)