Thru, Above and Between
- Stephan Dunkelman
- Year of composition: 1998
- Duration: 10:10
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: Musiques & Recherches
- ISWC: T0038739795
In this, my first work for radio, I wanted to present a resolutely musical alternative for an electroacoustic genre too often influenced by literary thinking. The city, the subject proposed by the sponsor, is presented as an imploding dream: Brussels, too dependent on the dreams of others, must constantly look elsewhere to rediscover its own.
[English translation: Tom Carter]
Thru, Above and Between was realized in 1998 at the studios of Musiques & Recherches (Ohain, Belgium) and at the composer’s studio and premiered on November 17, 1999 during the 6th International Acousmatic Festival L’Espace du son (Brussels, Belgium). It was commissioned by Musiques & Recherches.
- 1998, Métamorphoses d’Orphée — Musiques & Recherches, Ohain (Belgium)
- 1998, Personal studio, Brussels (Belgium)
- November 17, 1999, L’Espace du son 1999: Concert, XL Théâtre du Grand Midi, Brussels (Belgium)
empreintes DIGITALes / IMED 0263, IMED 0263_NUM / 2002