Trois miniatures en suite
- Christian Bouchard
- Year of composition: 1997
- Duration: 10:09
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T0719863009
Despite the fact that this piece — qualities, flaws and all — is my first electroacoustic work on digital medium, I wanted to include it here because, in the ideas it develops, it is a prelude to Parcelles.
Instructions: the pieces must be between two and four minutes long. Look for soundscapes bearing the traces of the human activity that will be the only material for a miniature. Include the complete samples selected at least once.
[English translation: François Couture, i-04]
Trois miniatures en suite [Three Miniatures in the Form of a Suite] was realized in 1997 at the studio of the Conservatoire de musique de Montréal and premiered on January 29, 1999 during the concert Hautes tensions presented by the ACREQ at Usine C in Montréal. Trois miniatures en suite was awarded the 1st prize of the Hugh Le Caine Award of the SOCAN Foundation Awards for Young Composers (Canada, 1998). The miniature Tonicité was selected as a finalist at the Jeu de temps / Times Play (JTTP) competition of the Canadian Electroacoustic Community (CEC, Canada, 2000) and recorded in 2000 on the CD Cache 2000 (PEP 003).
- January 29, 1999, Hautes tensions, Usine C, Montréal (Québec)
- 1997, Conservatoire de musique de Montréal, Montréal (Québec)
- Sacréboules [Damn Balls], 3:26
- Le point de vue du parcomètre [From the Parking Meter’s Point of View], 2:51
- Tonicité [Tonicity], 3:52
Out of print