- Charles Amirkhanian
- Year of composition: 1990
- Duration: 3:00
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Yul média
- ISWC: T9247875429
The somber mood of Bajanoom (separation, in Armenian) is a mirror of the composer’s own mood in light of the many nationalist movements, from Montréal (Québec) to Yerevan (Armenia), which have surfaced recently after many years of frustration and bitterness.
Charles Amirkhanian [xi-90]
Gong sounds sampled at the home of Lou Harrison are combined with the sounds of a musical saw, coffee grinder, guitar, and strings, all manipulated with the Synclavier instrument at the studio of Henry Kaiser, and with his assistance in Oakland (California, USA) in July, 1990.
- November 2, 1990, Montréal musiques actuelles / New Music America, Acousmonium: Concert 6: Électro clips, Théâtre Les Loges, Montréal (Québec)
- Personal studio – Lou Harrison, San Bernardino (California, USA)
- 1990-07, Personal studio – Henry Kaiser, Oakland (California, USA)
Bajanoom (1990, 3:00) by Charles Amirkhanian