- Gilles Gobeil
- Year of composition: 1986
- Duration: 8:44
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Yul média
- ISWC: T0708484961
Rivage (Shore) utilizes unretouched sounds from our urban environment (the noise of traffic, of industry, of business transactions…) bordered by electronic sounds. The title refers to the antinomy created by the clash of these two elements, a continual conflict, and symbolizes the interplay of contrasts, the shifting of a delta, which underlie the work.
Rivage was realized in the studios of McGill University in Montréal in 1986, with support from the Canada Council [for the Arts] (CCA). Rivage was awarded the 2nd Prize at the NEWCOMP International Computer Music Competition (Boston, USA, 1987), a mention at the 9th Luigi Russolo International Competition (Varese, Italy, 1987), and a mention in the electroacoustic category at the 16th Bourges International Electroacoustic Music Competition (France, 1988). Rivage can also be found as part of the Anthology of Canadian Music: Electroacoustic Music on the Radio Canada International label (ACM 37).
- 2nd prize, NEWCOMP International Computer Music Competition 1987, Boston (Massachusetts, USA)
- 2nd prize, Concorso internazionale Luigi Russolo di musica elettroacustica 1988, Varèse (Italy)
- Mention, Electroacoustic Music Prize, 16th Bourges International Electroacoustic Music Competition 1988, Bourges (Cher, France)
- 1986, Electronic Music Studio — McGill University, Montréal (Québec)
Out of print
Not in catalogue