Points de fuite
- Francis Dhomont
- Year of composition: 1982
- Duration: 12:21
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
Term of perspective. The point of convergence of parallel lines.
Audition/reading on many levels:
- technical (kinetic study: glides in tessitura, mutations of masses, of densities; modifications of timbre; energetic eruption/dispersion; spatial mobility);
- impressionistic (encounters, crossings, fusion of heterogeneous events which carry similar connotations; trajectories, velocities, displacements; the near and the distant; the passage);
- symbolic (flight: running away; departure, wandering, lapse, obliteration. The horizon, Kafka: Disappearing — America);
- ad libitum…
Points de fuite [Vanishing Points] was realized at the composer’s studio in Montréal in 1981-82 and premiered on June 13, 1982, at the 12th Bourges International Experimental Music Festival (France). Points de fuite was awarded 2nd Prize at the 12th Bourges International Electroacoustic Music Competition (France, 1984), 1st Prize at the Brock University Tape Music Competition (St Catharines, Ontario, 1985), and was selected by the international jury of the International Society for Contemporary Music (ISCM) for the 1984 World Music Days in Montréal.
- June 13, 1982, Synthèse 1982: Compendium France 3, Théâtre Jacques-Cœur, Bourges (Cher, France)
Points de fuite (1982, 12:21) by Francis Dhomont