Pair / Impair
- Jonty Harrison
- Year of composition: 1978
- Duration: 11:48
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T9247707364
Pair (even): the balance between opposites (left/right, high/low, dry/resonant); equilibrium; the concept of stasis.
Impair (odd): the contradiction of pair; the element of imbalance which carries us out of stasis; the dynamic concept.
Pair / Impair: an extension of the relationship between dynamic and static musics (and their confusion) — a relationship which in itself can fluctuate between the dynamic and the static.
Pair / Impair was realized in 1978 in the Recording and Electronic Music Studio of the University of East Anglia (UK) and first performed in Norwich in 1978. It received a Mention in the Analogue Category of the 1980 Bourges International Electroacoustic Music Competition (France).
- 1978, Concert, Music Centre — University of East Anglia, Norwich (England, UK)
- Mention, Analogue Music Prize, 8th Bourges International Electroacoustic Music Competition 1980, Bourges (Cher, France)
- 1978, Music Centre – University of East Anglia, Norwich (England, UK)
Not in catalogue