- Stéphane Roy
- Year of composition: 1988
- Duration: 12:26
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T0708478118
I wanted to oppose the affirmative and energetic conception of the musical discourse which emerges from Ondes / Arborescences with a sinuous and obsessive sound world, interrupted by silence and by the sporadic appearance of menacing events, such as the numerous minute interior interruptions which bombard the spirit, taut with anguish.
In these landscapes, where the unspoken reigns, a thousand fears suddenly emerge under the pressure of an interior murmur. The mysteries of our spirit open up ancient, fratricidal debates, nourished by our entire existence. Certain among these reveal themselves to our consciousness in order to better continue their muted struggle; nothing is resolved. There are intimate landscapes on the condemned horizons, in the delicate, feverish atmospheres, landscapes consisting of sinuous shadows, even tremulous among a few fleeting glimmers.
Paysages intérieurs [Interior Landscapes] was realized in 1988 in the studios of the Faculty of Music of the Université de Montréal and premiered in May 1988 during a public concert at the Université de Montréal. Paysages intérieurs was awarded 2nd Prize at the 8th CBC National Competition for Young Composers (Ottawa, 1988), 2nd Prize at the NEWCOMP International Computer Music Competition (Boston, USA, 1989), and a Mention at the 11th Luigi Russolo International Competition (Varese, Italy, 1989).
- May 1988, Concert, Faculté de musique — Université de Montréal, Montréal (Québec)
- 2nd prize, Electronic Music, CBC National Radio Competition for Young Composers 1987-88, Canada
- 2nd prize, NEWCOMP International Computer Music Competition 1989, Boston (Massachusetts, USA)
- Public prize, Concorso internazionale Luigi Russolo di musica elettroacustica 1989, Varèse (Italy)
- 1988, Faculté de musique – Université de Montréal, Montréal (Québec)