- Ned Bouhalassa
- Year of composition: 1997
- Duration: 13:29
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Yul média
- Commission: Réseaux des arts médiatiques, with support from the CCA
- ISWC: T0702851408
To my brother Mehdi
Constamment (autoportrait) (Constantly (self-portrait)) is broken down into 5 sections that relate different parts of myself, from the past to the present and beyond. There are elements that represent my vision of a past which may or may not be mine, for I do not recall my early years (something which troubles me more and more). There are also parts that serve to illustrate my love for Brenda and my close friends. Finally there are also materials which profess my love of techno music, which I listen to daily and which, on many occasions, makes me dance until the early hours of the morning. In 1997 I turned 35 and thought that it would be a good age for my first self-portrait.
Constamment (autoportrait) was realized at the composer’s studio (Pssssst) and premiered on November 12, 1997, during the Rien à voir (2) concert series presented by Réseaux in Montréal. Constamment (autoportrait) was commissioned by Réseaux des arts médiatiques with the help of the Canada Council for the Arts (CCA). Thanks to Robert Normandeau, Jean-Francois Denis and Gilles Gobeil.
- November 12, 1997, Rien à voir (2): concert solo + carte blanche, La Chapelle — scènes contemporaines, Montréal (Québec)
- 1997, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)