L’argent… toujours l’argent!
- Marc Tremblay
- Year of composition: 1989-90
- Duration: 11:18
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Yul média
- ISWC: T0707099920
A study of money as sound material, and as an object of desire (the Montréal Stock Exchange, advertisements, television game shows…).
L’argent… toujours l’argent! [Money… Always Money!] was realized between the autumn of 1989 and the spring of 1990 in the studios of the Conservatoire de musique de Montréal and premiered that spring in a concert at the conservatory. Thanks to Sylvain Carette, the Montréal Stock Exchange and Robert Laliberté. L’argent… toujours l’argent! received 1st prize in the electroacoustic category in the PROCAN Young Composers’ Competition (1990), 1st prize in the electroacoustic category in the CBC National Competition for Young Composers (1990) as well as a Résidence at the 18th Bourges International Electroacoustic Music Competition (France, 1990).
- 1989-09 – 1990-05, Conservatoire de musique de Montréal, Montréal (Québec)
- 1990, Concert, Conservatoire de musique de Montréal, Montréal (Québec)
- Prize, Residency Prize, 18th Bourges International Electroacoustic Music Competition 1990, Bourges (Cher, France)
- 1st prize, Electronic Music, CBC National Radio Competition for Young Composers 1989-90, Canada
- 1st prize, Electroacoustic and Computer Music, PROCAN Young Composers’ Competition 1990, Canada