- Pete Stollery
- Year of composition: 1993
- Duration: 9:42
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T0114663136
“This piece does exactly what it says on the tin!
Short… — not long in duration; small.
The sounds in Shortstuff are brief, crisp and fleeting. They gather together to form exquisite gestures and subtle textures.
… stuff — the material a thing is made of.
The momentum of this work is derived from the dynamic timbres of the material, whether powering to a full-spectrum climax or glistening in a distant light.
The sound-world is crisp and sharp with clear spatial trajectories and tight gestures in counterpoint with dark spaces and the small textural sounds of the night.” — Adrian Moore
Shortstuff was realized in the spring and summer of 1993 at the Electroacoustic Music Studios of the University of Birmingham (UK) and the studios of Northern College (Aberdeen, Scotland) and premiered on October 21, 1994 at The Lemon Tree (Aberdeen, Scotland). It received Special Prize in the Musica Nova 1994 International Competition of Electroacoustic Music (Prague, Czech Republic).
- October 21, 1994, Concert, The Lemon Tree, Aberdeen (Scotland, UK)
- 1993-03 – 1993-08, Electroacoustic Music Studios — University of Birmingham, Birmingham (England, UK)
- 1993-03 – 1993-08, Electroacoustic Music Studio — Northern College, Aberdeen (Scotland, UK)
Not in catalogue