- Elsa Justel
- Year of composition: 2002
- Duration: 11:40
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: French State (Music Office), Futura Festival
- ISWC: T0039873998
The old stones of the Tower of Crest, in France, tell us many stories, from the hard work of the stonecutters to the suffering of their prisoners. Secret messages whispered to the moon, filtering through bars. Love, war, hope and desperation stories. From the stones’ heart emanate their history, language, spirit, tragic song, and gwerz.
[English translation: François Couture, viii-07]
Gwerz (in Breton: a ballad or lament) was realized in 2002 at the composer’s studio in Paris (France) and premiered on June 3, 2002 during the Synthèse Festival in Bourges (France). The piece was commissioned by the French State (Music Office) and the Futura festival in Crest (France). Thanks to Denis Dufour.
- June 3, 2002, Synthèse 2002: Concert, Grand théâtre — Maison de la culture de Bourges, Bourges (Cher, France)
- 2002, Personal studio, Paris (France)