Puntos, comas y refritos
- Elsa Justel
- Year of composition: 2002
- Duration: 11:41
- Instrumentation: 8-channel fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: Akademie der Künste (Berlin, Germany)
- ISWC: T0043730795
Puntos, comas y refritos evokes some of electroacoustic music’s sound clichés (such as birds, water, footsteps) as well as other anecdotal forms of my own. I wanted to use these ‘refritos’ (Spanish for clichés) in order to recreate, with humour, a certain form of nostalgia. Space is used as an expressive element that also contributes to the structure of the piece, which is articulated by links between short elements, in order to create an architecture following the style of Antoni Gaudí.
[English translation: François Couture, viii-07]
Puntos, comas y refritos [Points, commas, and clichés] was realized in 2002 at the studio of the Akademie der Künste in Berlin (Germany) and premiered in 2003 during a concert at the Akademie der Künste. The piece was commissioned by the Akademie der Künste.
- 2003, Concert, Akademie der Künste — Hanseatenweg, Berlin (Germany)
- 2002, Studio für Elektroakustische Musik — Akademie der Künste, Berlin (Germany)