- Pierre Alexandre Tremblay
- Year of composition: 2001
- Duration: 10:42
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: Réseaux des arts médiatiques, with support from the CCA
- ISWC: T9033702260
To mark its tenth anniversary, the Rien à voir festival commissioned this work… and why not celebrate such an grand initiative with a self-portrait? An anniversary is a time to review the past, to question it in order to move forward. A self-portrait (autoportrait) is a means for such reflection, in the manner of a painter — a technique for rummaging through familiar images that are at times cherished, at times loathed, too often taken for granted. The self-portrait as an act of introspection, for renewed consciousness.
autoportrait [Self-portrait] was realized in 2001 in the Electroacoustic Music Studios of the University of Birmingham (UK) and at the composer’s studio and premiered on December 13, 2001 during the Rien à voir (10) concert series presented by Réseaux at Espace GO in Montréal. autoportrait was commissonned by Réseaux with the support from the Canada Council for the Arts (CCA).
- 2001, Electroacoustic Music Studios — University of Birmingham, Birmingham (England, UK)
- 2001, Personal studio, Birmingham (England, UK)
- December 13, 2001, Rien à voir (10): concert solo, Espace Go, Montréal (Québec)
empreintes DIGITALes / IMED 0680, IMED 0680_NUM / 2006