au Croisé, le silence, seul, tient lieu de parole
- Pierre Alexandre Tremblay
- Year of composition: 2000
- Duration: 15:00
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T0710395791
“Silence does not exist: to live is to steer in the midst of a streaming that death alone may halt.” — François Mauriac, Nouveaux mémoires intérieurs.
The singular story of a battle, or the eternal story of life.
au Croisé, le silence, seul, tient lieu de parole [To The Crusader, Silence, Alone, Gives Way To Speech] was realized at the composer’s studio between September 1999 and December 2000 and premiered on March 2, 2002 during the “Invisible Theatre” concert of the Birmingham ElectroAcoustic Sound Theatre (BEAST) in Birmingham (UK). The first movement premiered on December 11, 1999 during the Rien à voir (6) concert series presented by Réseaux at Ex-Centris in Montréal. au Croisé, le silence, seul, tient lieu de parole was awarded First Prize (ex æquo) in the Hugh Le Caine Award of the SOCAN Foundation Awards for Young Composers (Canada, 2001).
- 1999-09 – 2000-12, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
- December 11, 1999, Premiere of the 1st mouvement: Rien à voir (6): jeunes compositeurs, eXcentris, Montréal (Québec)
- March 2, 2002, Invisible Theatre: Scenes and Memories, CBSO Centre, Birmingham (England, UK)
empreintes DIGITALes / IMED 0680, IMED 0680_NUM / 2006