À propos de K
- Francis Dhomont
- Year of composition: 2006
- Duration: 21:37
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: French State (Music Office)
- ISWC: T0049773387
À propos de K, obviously about the literary world of Kafka, is the third installment in that series of preliminary studies to Le cri du Choucas, a long work in progress about Franz Kafka’s world, works, and character.
There is no text in À propos de K, but a musical journey inspired by the Kafkaian topics revolving around the writer — guilt, his father, asceticism, solitude, illness — and often intertwined with the themes of his works — dual personalities, the Law, Judaism, celibacy — and the writing itself, extensively shaped by the processes contributing to the developments of dreams: “My talent for portraying my dreamlike inner life has thrust all other matters into the background […]” (Diaries 1910-1923: August 6, 1914, Kafka).
[English translation: François Couture, vi-09]
À propos de K was realized in 2006 at the composer’s studio in Avignon (France) and premiered on November 11, 2006 during a Ina-GRM concert celebrating the 80th birthday of the composer at the Salle Olivier Messiaen of the Maison de Radio France in Paris (France). It was commissioned by the French State (Music Office) — in 2007.
- November 11, 2006, Multiphonies 2006-07: Portrait anniversaire, 2, Salle Olivier Messiaen — Maison de Radio France, Paris (France)
- 2006, Personal studio, Avignon (Vaucluse, France)
- Études pour Kafka (2005-11)stereo fixed medium