- Andrew Lewis
- Year of composition: 1987
- Duration: 11:42
- Instrumentation: fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T0103263451
Arrivals takes its title from the way in which the music is continually moving towards goals and destinations, at both the macro- and micro-musical levels. The principle most often used to create such “arrivals” is that of tension and resolution (as in the work’s opening gesture) and the nature and effect of such events is mirrored in the behaviour of the formal structures which they articulate, each generating its own sense of achievement. It is this feeling of purpose and fulfilment which propels the music forward, ultimately to its final destination.
Arrivals was realized in 1987 in the Electroacoustic Music Studios of the University of Birmingham (UK) and premiered on October 17, 1987 during the Nettlefold Festival at Nettlefold Hall, London (UK). Arrivals was awarded Second Prize at the 17th Bourges International Electroacoustic Music Competition (France, 1989).
- October 17, 1987, Nettlefold Festival, Nettlefold Hall, London (England, UK)
- 2nd prize ex æquo, Electroacoustic Music Prize, 17th Bourges International Electroacoustic Music Competition 1989, Bourges (Cher, France)
- 1987, Electroacoustic Music Studios — University of Birmingham, Birmingham (England, UK)
Not in catalogue