- Elainie Lillios
- Year of composition: 1998
- Duration: 13:35
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Yul média
- ISWC: T7001633509
Arturo was written based on an interview with a tarot card reader living in Denton (Texas, USA). Arturo requests visitors to “… please let me answer the questions before you ask them,” and claims that most times, he does. After years of palmistry and tarot readings, Arturo has interacted with many people and has learned many life lessons. This piece reflects some of his views on life and the casting of cards to reveal future possibilities.
Arturo was realized in 1998 in the Electroacoustic Music Studios of the University of Birmingham (UK) and premiered on October 23, 1998 during the First Symposium on Music and Computers at the Ionian University in Corfu (Greece). Recordings of Arturo were made in the Center for Experimental Music and Intermedia (CEMI) studios at the University of North Texas, Denton (Texas, USA) in August 1997, engineered by Michael Thompson. Thanks to Arturo for visiting, Laura Romberg for support, and Jonty Harrison for compositional guidance. Arturo was awarded First Prize in the ASCAP / SEAMUS Student Commission Competition (Texas, USA, 2000), was a winner in the La Muse en circuit’s Radiophonic Art Competition (Alfortville, France, 2003), was a finalist in the Luigi Russolo International Competition (Varese, Italy, 1999), and received a Mention in the 26th Bourges International Electroacoustic Music and Sonic Art Competition (France, 1999).
- October 23, 1998, First Symposium on Music and Computers, Ionian University, Corfu (Greece)
- 1997-08, Michael Thompson • Center for Experimental Music and Intermedia (CEMI) — University of North Texas, Denton (Texas, USA)
- 1998, Electroacoustic Music Studios — University of Birmingham, Birmingham (England, UK)
Not in catalogue