Les chambres de l’atelier
- Nicolas Bernier
- Year of composition: 2008, 10, 11
- Duration: 10:48
- Instrumentation: fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T9110482412
The workshop. A place of sudden agitation, of ideas both clear and unclear that disappear just as quickly as they surge. A place inhabited by reflection, frustration, near-silence, hypnosis and obsession. The piece was composed like seeing through the lens of a camera, flipping from one room to another, from one state to another.
Les chambres de l’atelier was realized between December 17, 2007 and April 10, 2008 (reworked in July 2010, and in January 2011) at the composer’s studio and in the studios of the Université de Montréal. It premiered on April 14, 2008 during the concert Pulsar *3 presented by Réseaux des arts médiatiques at the Planétarium de Montréal (Québec). Thanks to Louis Bernier, Réseaux, Robert Normandeau, John Young, to Université de Montréal, and to Perte de signal. Les chambres de l’atelier was recorded on the disc usure.paysage [Hrönir, HR 7963] in Febuary 2011.
- April 14, 2008, Pulsar *3: The Book of Spaces, Planétarium de Montréal, Montréal (Québec)
- 2007-12-17 – 2008-04-10, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
- 2010-07, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
- 2010-07, Faculté de musique – Université de Montréal, Montréal (Québec)
- 2011-01, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
- 2011-01, Faculté de musique – Université de Montréal, Montréal (Québec)