- Robert Normandeau
- Year of composition: 2008, 14
- Duration: 11:16
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: Miso Music Portugal, Réseaux des arts médiatiques, with support from the CALQ
- ISWC: T9158136517
Inspired by the theatre play Blasted by Sarah Kane, for which I have composed the music in a stage direction by Brigitte Haentjens in 2008, the title is referring to pauses indicated in the play that punctuate it: spring rain, summer rain, fall rain, and winter rain. But all these rains can hardly wash the darkness of the human soul at war, especially that of Bosnia that the play makes implicit reference.
Pluies noires [Black Rains] was realized in 2008 at the composer’s studio and premiered on September 25, 2008 during the Música Viva 2008 festival in Lisbon (Portugal) and on the December 13, 2008 at the Akousma (5) festival in Montréal. The piece was commissioned by Miso Music Portugal and Réseaux des arts médiatiques (Québec) with support from the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec (CALQ). Thanks to Ida Toninato (recorded baritone saxophone). The final version was made in the summer of 2014.
- September 25, 2008, Música Viva 2008: Orquestra de Altifalantes III, Pequeno Auditório, Lisbon (Portugal)
- 2008, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
- 2014-06 – 2014-08, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)