- Christian Bouchard
- Year of composition: 2008
- Duration: 14:19
- Instrumentation: fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T9061529735
Parcelles 21 [Fragments 21] revisits four sections used in my earlier pieces Parcelles 1 (2002-03) and Parcelles 2 (2003):
- Des enfants-sirènes (2nd movement of Parcelles 1)
- Les secrets d’une inconnue (4th movement of Parcelles 1)
- Quelque chose de la solitude (5th movement of Parcelles 2)
- Brazil Wins (4th movement of Parcelles 2)
The starting point for these sections: from a template soundscape, pitched sounds and rhythmical/punctual events are notated in MIDI format; this information is used to trigger samplers and synthesizers. Only the MIDI files and their respective soundscapes have been used again; the instruments have changed and evolved.
[English translation: François Couture]
Parcelles 21 was realized in 2008 at the composer’s studio and premiered under the title Ersatz on December 12, 2008 during the concert series Akousma (5) presented by Réseaux des arts médiatiques at the Monument-National’s Studio Hydro-Québec in Montréal (Québec). Thanks to the Canada Council for the Arts (CCA).
- December 12, 2008, Under the title Ersatz: Akousma (5): Programme double, Studio Hydro-Québec — Monument-National, Montréal (Québec)
- 2008, Personal studio