Rhizaria (Barely: part-4)
- Natasha Barrett
- Year of composition: 2007-08
- Duration: 12:54
- Instrumentation: cello and processing
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
In Rhizaria (Barely: part-4) the idea of ‘experienced thresholds’ are explored with extreme close microphones and live electronics capturing nuances of the cello’s quieter sound world and performance details in a way a listener never hears. In this work the electronic layers are created directly from the cellist’s performance. The idea is to ensure a unity of electronic sound and gesture over micro- and macro-time.
Rhizaria (Barely: part-4) was realized in 2007-08 at the composer’s studio and premiered by Tanja Orning and Natasha Barrett on the 7 December 2008 during the Kick-Off Festival presented by Electric Audio Unit at Det Åpne Teater in Oslo (Norway). The work was researched and composed during a stipend from the Norsk kulturråd (Arts Council Norway), 2006-08.
- December 7, 2008, Tanja Orning, cello; Natasha Barrett, processing • Electric Audio Unit Kick-Off Festival: Concert, Det Åpne Teater, Oslo (Norway)
- 2007 – 2008, Personal studio, Oslo (Norway)
- The Barely Project (2006-08)stereo fixed medium