Reflets de notre société crépusculaire
- Pierre Alexandre Tremblay
- Year of composition: 2009
- Duration: 18:39
- Instrumentation: 5.1-channel fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: Ina-GRM
- ISWC: T9066209845
“First duty at daybreak: to be ashamed of oneself.” —Emil Cioran, The New Gods
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” —Margaret Mead
These two quotes might seem contradictory, but together they express my feeling of powerlessness well: everyday, I wonder how to reconcile my happiness and my recognition of it at the expense of the rest of the planet.
Reflets de notre société crépusculaire was realized in 2009 at the Studio 116C of the Groupe de recherches musicales (Ina-GRM) in Paris (France) and at the composer’s studio and premiered on December 6, 2009 at the Salle Olivier Messiaen, Maison de Radio France (Paris, France). The piece was commissioned by Ina-GRM. For their support, thanks to Christian Zanési, François Bonnet, Philippe Dao, David Fenech, and Nicolas Stephan.
- 2009, Studio 116C — Groupe de recherches musicales – Institut national de l’audiovisuel (Ina-GRM), Paris (France)
- 2009, Personal studio, Huddersfield (England, UK)
- December 6, 2009, Multiphonies 2009-10: Akousma, Salle Olivier Messiaen — Maison de Radio France, Paris (France)
empreintes DIGITALes / IMED 11109, IMED 11109_NUM / 2011