- Steven Naylor
- Year of composition: 2004
- Duration: 4:17
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T9114159498
kune kune is a short sonic exploration, based largely upon the vocalisations of an inquisitive pair of New Zealand Kunekune pigs, recorded near Bath (England, UK).
kune kune was realized in 2003 in the Electroacoustic Music Studios of the University of Birmingham (UK) and the composer’s studio in Nova Scotia (Canada), and premiered on March 8, 2003 during the 20th anniversary concerts of the Birmingham ElectroAcoustic Sound Theatre (BEAST) “20/20 Re:Vision” at the CBSO Centre (Birmingham, UK). The work has also been broadcast in Musica Nova (Czech Republic) in 2005, and performed in other events in Canada. The composer acknowledges financial support from the Nova Scotia Arts Council and the Canada Council for the Arts (CCA) during the creation of this work.
- March 8, 2003, 20/20 Re:Vision: Present, Concert 1, CBSO Centre, Birmingham (England, UK)
- 2003, Electroacoustic Music Studios — University of Birmingham, Birmingham (England, UK)
- 2003, Personal studio, Halifax (Nova Scotia, Canada)