Préludes suspendus III
- Horacio Vaggione
- Year of composition: 2009, 10
- Duration: 8:48
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: French State (Music Office)
- ISWC: T7030557996
The Préludes suspendus [Suspended Preludes] series stretched over a decade. It is based on the notion of testing interactions between composed sound materials that provide a common palette for all the pieces in the series. Hence the name “preludes,” and hence their “suspension.” In fact, some of the sound materials found on this palette have been used outside this series, namely in Mécanique des fluides and PianoHertz, though in such cases they are transformed into and by new contexts, blended with different materials, or used as impulsions in various sets of convolutions.
Préludes suspendus III consists in a fabric of figures that unfolds like a set of perspectives articulated between things “near” and “far,” and, again, between things laminar and turbulent. This piece is like a polyphonic journey on multiple scales, a journey listeners can recompose with each listen by focusing on different levels.
[English translation: François Couture, ix-17]
Préludes suspendus III [Suspended Preludes III] was realized in 2009 — and revised in 2010 — in the studios of the Institut international de musique électroacoustique de Bourges (IMEB, France) and premiered on June 6, 2009, during the Synthèse festival at Palais Jacques-Cœur in Bourges. The piece was commissioned by the French State (Music Office). Préludes suspendus III was awarded the Prix Ton Bruynèl 2010 (ex æquo) (Amsterdam, The Netherlands).
- June 6, 2009, Synthèse 2009: Concert, Palais Jacques-Cœur, Bourges (Cher, France)
- Prize ex æquo, Prix Ton Bruynèl 2010, Netherlands
- 2009, Institut international de musique électroacoustique de Bourges (IMEB), Bourges (Cher, France)
- 2010, Institut international de musique électroacoustique de Bourges (IMEB), Bourges (Cher, France)