Le tombeau des fondeurs
- Pierre Alexandre Tremblay
- Year of composition: 2008
- Duration: 17:02
- Instrumentation: Baschet-Malbos piano, processing, interactive system and stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: Pierre Malbos
- ISWC: T9130032563
To Messiaen, Stravinsky, Varèse, and other casters
The bell caster knows what he is doing: he has a clear idea of a sound, and despite the elements that are against him, he will know how to mix the alloy, to cast the form, and to refine the rough to give it the sonic aura dreamed of, where timbre and pitch are one.
He will also give to humanity an eternal inheritance. Because once tuned, the bell will keep forever the imprint of its caster, of dazzling beauty, of radiating power, but not without a hint of melancholy, especially when heard at distance, through the fog…
How to resist to this mermaid’s call? Should we not trust this goddesses’ chant to avoid a shipwreck? Let us pay them a tribute, and try to outlast them!
Le tombeau des fondeurs [The Tomb of the Casters] was realized in 2008 at the composer’s studio and the studios of the University of Huddersfield (UK) and premiered by Wilhem Latchoumia on October 18, 2008 at Studio 4’33” in Ivry-sur-Seine (France). The piece was commissioned by Pierre Malbos. The piano Baschet-Malbos is built, tuned, modified, and maintained by Pierre Malbos.
- October 18, 2008, Wilhem Latchoumia, piano Baschet-Malbos • Concert, Studio 4’33”, Ivry-sur-Seine (Val-de-Marne, France)
- 2008, Personal studio, Huddersfield (England, UK)
- 2008, Music Technology Studios — University of Huddersfield, Huddersfield (England, UK)
Le tombeau des fondeurs (2008, 17:02) by Pierre Alexandre Tremblay