- Hans Tutschku
- Year of composition: 2011
- Duration: 9:53
- Instrumentation: 16-channel fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T8030246824
The idea for Klaviersammlung developed over several years. Each time I visited the Universität zu Köln (University of Cologne, Germany), I was impressed by the long hallway between the musicology department and the concert hall, which houses an impressive collection of desolate pianos from different centuries, charged with musical remembrances. One walks with respect, almost on tiptoes along them, to not disturb their dreams of a better past. Many times I thought about how their sounds could become the source material for a new composition. In July 2011, I finally spent some hours and elicited quite ‘un-pianistic’ sonic expressions from some of the instruments. A large spectrum of those played sequences, together with their transformations, became the starting point for an outrageous sound travel into the sonic world of piano.
Klaviersammlung was realized in 2011 at Harvard University Studio for Electroacoustic Composition (HUSEAC) (Cambridge, MA, USA) and premiered on October 28, 2011 at the Musiksaal of the Universität zu Köln (Germany).
- October 28, 2011, Raum-Musik: Concert-surprise, Musiksaal — Universität zu Köln, Cologne (Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany)
- Finalist, Category A (fixed medium), Musica Nova 2012, Prague (Czech Republic)
- Nomination, Fixed medium, 6th Destellos Competition 2013, Mar del Plata (Argentina)
- 2011, Harvard University Studio for Electroacoustic Composition (HUSEC), Cambridge (Massachusetts, USA)