… and Beyond
- Elizabeth Anderson
- Year of composition: 2014
- Duration: 8:07
- Instrumentation: 8-channel fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T9164554556
As a companion to Solar Winds, the octophonic electroacoustic work … and Beyond explores the cosmos beyond our immediate imagination. What universe lies beyond the limits of our imagination? What kind of phenomena would occur in this universe? Would they be the result of pure chance or destiny? What would then be the nature of this destiny? Describing such an environment necessitates that the composer imagine the unimaginable and that the listener accept it.
… and Beyond incorporates acoustic translations of astronomical phenomena and proposes an imaginary celestial aural journey from the perspective of the listener who voyages beyond the limit of our heliosphere and explores interstellar space.
… and Beyond was realized in 2014 at the Métamorphoses d’Orphée studio of Musiques & Recherches in Ohain (Belgium). … and Beyond was composed with support from the Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles (Administration générale de la culture, Service de la musique). Thanks to David Baltuch and Annette Vande Gorne.
The diptych Solar Winds… and Beyond was awarded First Prize in the Musica Nova 2015 International Competition of Electroacoustic Music (Prague, Czech Republic).
- October 4, 2014, International Conference of Electroacoustic CIME / ICEM 2014: Concert 4, Paul Voertman Concert Hall — College of Music — University of North Texas, Denton (Texas, USA)
- 2014, Métamorphoses d’Orphée — Musiques & Recherches, Ohain (Belgium)
- Solar Winds… and Beyond (2012-14), 17:458-channel fixed medium