- Pierre-Luc Lecours
- Year of composition: 2014
- Duration: 9:12
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T9156534315
This work revolves around the idea of creating an abstract yet consistent physical system in the midst of which the music evolves. A system with its own laws, a sort of surreal microcosm where space is subjected to its own physical laws, including gravity.
[English translation: François Couture, v-20]
Impacts discrets [Discreet Impacts] was realized at the studios of the Faculty of Music of the Université de Montréal (Québec) and premiered on November 8, 2014, at Usine C (Montréal, Québec), as part of the festival Akousma XI. Thanks to Martin Bédard for his knowledgeable comments and to Félix Lambert for allowing me to spend a day recording snow and ice on the roofs of Old Québec. Impacts discrets won the 2nd Prize at the Destellos International Composition Competition, 2nd Prize ex æquo at the Hugh Le Caine Award presented by the Young Composers Competition of the SOCAN Foundation, and 2nd Prize at the Jeu de temps / Times Play (JTTP) compeition of the Canadian Electroacoustic Community (CEC).
- November 8, 2014, Akousma XI: Résonance_concaténée, Usine C, Montréal (Québec)
- 2nd prize Musiques & Recherches, Fixed medium, 7th Destellos Competition 2014, Mar del Plata (Argentina)
- 2nd prize, JTTP 2014: 15th Jeu de temps / Times Play, Canada
- 2nd prize ex æquo, Hugh Le Caine Awards, SOCAN Foundation Awards for Young Composers 2014, Canada
Various artistsCEC-PeP / PEP 019 / 2015