- David Berezan
- Year of composition: 2014
- Duration: 11:43
- Instrumentation: 5.1-channel fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T9158134500
Light Vessels are unmanned ships that are moored at sea, acting as floating lighthouses, fog horns and weather stations (BBC Radio 4 listeners may be familiar with the Channel Light Vessel Automatic, one of the reporting weather stations on the daily shipping forecasts). The piece suggests interior and external soundworlds, actions and spaces: the ship’s hull, automated functions, warning sounds and surroundings.
Lightvessels was realized in 2014 at the Visby International Centre for Composers (VICC, Sweden) and the Electroacoustic Music Studios of The University of Manchester (UK), and premiered on November 5, 2014 during the concert Concret_éclaté as part of the Akousma XI festival presented by Réseaux des arts médiatiques at Usine C (Montréal, Québec). Lightvessels was awarded the 1st prize of the 2nd Klang competition (Montpellier, France, 2015).
- 2014, Visby International Centre for Composers (VICC), Visby (Sweden)
- 2014, Electroacoustic Music Studios — University of Manchester, Manchester (England, UK)
- November 5, 2014, David Berezan, diffusion • Akousma XI: Concret_éclaté, Usine C, Montréal (Québec)
- 1st prize, Klang 2015, Montpellier (Hérault, France)
empreintes DIGITALes / IMED 18154, IMED 18154_NUM / 2018
- Nautical Cycle (2011-17)multichannel fixed medium