- James O’Callaghan
- Year of composition: 2011-14
- Duration: 9:58
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: Codes d’accès
- ISWC: T9194129209
In the acousmatic piece Isomorphic sound sources continually transform according to metaphorical and morphological comparisons.
Isomorphic is part of a triptych of works of the same form, using the same environmental sounds as source material; the two other works are Isomorph (2013) for orchestra, and Isomorphia (2013) for orchestra and fixed sounds.
Isomorphic was realized in 2011-14 at the composer’s studio in Montréal (Québec) and completed in 2014 at PRIM (Montréal), and premiered on June 18, 2015 during the concert The Privacy of Domestic Life as part of the Suoni Per Il Popolo festival in Montréal (Québec). The piece was commissioned by Codes d’accès. Isomorphic was awarded an Honorable Mention in the Musica Nova 2015 International Competition of Electroacoustic Music (Prague, Czech Republic).
- June 18, 2015, Suoni Per Il Popolo 2015: The Privacy of Domestic Life, La Sala Rossa, Montréal (Québec)
- 2011 – 2014, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
- 2014, Productions, réalisations indépendantes de Montréal (PRIM), Montréal (Québec)