L’ermitage au toit de chaume
- Mirtru Escalona-Mijares
- Year of composition: 2014-15
- Duration: 15:25
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Commission: Ina-GRM
This piece is a modest tribute to the Buddhist monk Ryōkan (1758-1831) and to the impression left by some of his poems. L’ermitage au toit de chaume takes as a starting point the poetic image of five tankas (a rhymeless Japanese poem composed of 31 syllables spread over 5 lines) written by Ryōkan during various periods of his life.
L’ermitage au toit de chaume was awarded the 1st prize at the 9th Biennial Acousmatic Composition Competition Métamorphoses (Brussels, Belgium, 2016).
- January 25, 2015, Multiphonies 2014-15: Akousma, Auditorium Saint-Germain — MPAA, Paris (France)
- Prize, 9th Biennial Acousmatic Composition Competition Métamorphoses 2016, Ohain (Belgium)
- 2nd prize ex æquo, SIME 2019, Lille (Nord, France)