- Ana Dall’Ara-Majek
- Year of composition: 2016
- Duration: 6:35
- Instrumentation: 4-channel fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: Distractfold Ensemble
- ISWC: T7036907174
For this piece I was interested in bacteria — particularly their ability to multiply and modify their environment by working together. This led me to the idea of considering musical polyphony as a bacterial colonization in which sounds duplicate by binary fission processes, contaminate each other, form bacterial chains, and slowly alter the properties of the entire work.
This piece is part of Nano-Cosmos, a cycle of acousmatic pieces dedicated to insects, small arthropods and microorganisms.
[English translation: Stephanie Moore, iii-18]
Bacillus Chorus was realized in 4 channels at the Blue Spider Studio in Montréal (Québec) in 2016 and premiered on August 7, 2016 at the Internationale Ferienkurse für Neue Musik at Centralstation in Darmstadt (Germany). It was commissioned by the Distractfold Ensemble. Thanks to Christine Groult and Marco Marini for those wonderful days of improvisation on the RSF Kobol synthesizer in the electroacoustic studio at the Conservatoire de Pantin (France).
- August 7, 2016, Internationales Musikinstitut Darmstadt: Distractfold, Centralstation – Halle, Darmstadt (Hessen, Germany)
- 2016, Studio Blue Spider, Montréal (Québec)
- Nano-Cosmos (2012-17)fixed medium