- Annette Vande Gorne
- Year of composition: 2016-18
- Duration: 14:02
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: Ina-GRM
- ISWC: T9305936430
Hiver [Winter] translates feelings of standstill time, monotonous silence, frost and warm cocoon, all elements tied to how we picture winter. These are reflected in the themes imagined for each tableau: Jeux de pas sur la neige [Footsteps on The Snow], Jeux monotones [Monotonous Games], Jeux de grains au coin du feu [Games of Grains by The Fire], and Jeux de sons [Sound Games] (a tribute to Bernard Parmegiani). Claude Debussy, Franz Schubert, Hugues Dufourt, Francis Poulenc, Paul Hindemith and Bernard Parmegiani (who inspired the writing through inlays and attack substitutions from the 1st and 7th movements of his De natura sonorum) are this season’s imagined or dynamic references.
[English translation: François Couture, v-20]
Hiver [Winter] was realized in 2017 at the Métamorphoses d’Orphée studio of Musiques & Recherches in Ohain (Belgium) and premiered on January 26, 2018 during the Compagnons de route concert as part of the Multiphonies series presented by the Ina-GRM in the Auditorium Saint-Germain of MPAA (Paris, France). The piece was commissioned by Ina-GRM.
- January 26, 2018, Multiphonies 2017-18: Trajectoire 1: Compagnons de route, Auditorium Saint-Germain — MPAA, Paris (France)
- Jeux de pas sur la neige [Footsteps on The Snow], 2:15
- Jeux monotones [Monotonous Games], 3:58
- Jeux de grains au coin du feu [Games of Grains by The Fire], 3:12
- Jeux de sons [Sound Games], 4:30