Marelle ou Les instants de la vie
- Elsa Justel
- Year of composition: 2017
- Duration: 12:06
- Instrumentation: 16-channel fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: Musiques & Recherches
- ISWC: T9308115313
Life is a becoming of small moments. As in a game of hopscotch, we progress in life by hopping on one foot across stations in various states of mind. It is a path of back-and-forth, of light and darkness. Joy, uncertainty, dreams, fear, absurdity, anguish, cheerfulness alternate in our becoming to build the spider’s web that makes us be. Marelle ou Les instants de la vie [Hopscotch, or The Moments of Life] is an autobiographical electroacoustic suite.
[English translation: François Couture, iii-19]
Marelle ou Les instants de la vie was realized in 2017 at the Métamorphoses d’Orphée studio of Musiques & Recherches in Ohain (Belgium) and premiered on March 29, 2017, during the concert ÉlectroBelge at Espace Senghor in Brussels (Belgium). It was commissioned by Musiques & Recherches.
- March 29, 2017, ÉlectroBelge, Le Senghor, Brussels (Belgium)
- 2017, Métamorphoses d’Orphée — Musiques & Recherches, Ohain (Belgium)