- Nikos Stavropoulos
- Year of composition: 2009
- Duration: 10:09
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T9109406226
Nyctinasty is concerned with organic movement, growth or reduction, as reaction to stimulus. Stimuli are either present in the sonic world of the work or implied. The title, borrowed from botany, refers to nastic (non-directional responses to stimuli) movement in the dark.
Nyctinasty was realized at the composer’s studio in the summer of 2009 and premiered on March 19, 2010 during the 13th international festival of electroacoustic music Primavera en La Habana in the Teatro of the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes de Cuba in Havana (Cuba). Nyctinasty was awarded the Absoluta Prize at the 1st Punto de Encuentro Canarias International Contest of Electroacoustic Composition (Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain, 2009).
- March 19, 2010, Primavera en La Habana 2010: Concert, Teatro — Edificio de Arte Cubano — Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes de Cuba, Havana (Cuba)
- Absoluta Prize, Punto de Encuentro Canarias International Contest of Electroacoustic Composition 2009, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Spain)
- 2009-06 – 2009-08, Personal studio, Leeds (England, UK)