- Vanessa Massera
- Year of composition: 2017-18
- Duration: 10:21
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: Avalon larp studio
- ISWC: T9276073564
Border Crossing was part of a LARP (Live-Action Role-Play) produced in the UK with the migrant crisis in Europe as a theme. This LARP was raising awareness about the challenges migrants face and the conditions in which these challenges arise. This work is the symbolic representation of blindly passing from one’s country of origin to the next one without knowing what the path looks like or how long it will take to get to your destination.
[English translation: François Couture, ii-22]
Border Crossing was realized in 2017-18 at the EMS (Stockholm, Sweden) and was premiered on May 24, 2018 during the event The Quota at The Gaol in Oakham (Wales, UK). It was commissioned by the Avalon larp studio. Thanks to Martine Svanevik for this wonderful collaboration.
- May 24, 2018, The Quota, The Gaol — Oakham Enterprise Park, Oakham (Wales, UK)
- 2017 – 2018, Elektronmusikstudion (EMS), Stockholm (Sweden)