- Year of composition: 1996, 97
- Duration: 14:26
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T0708763852
- 44,1 kHz, 16 bits
An impression of the refineries of east-end Montréal
Night beneath the glittering refineries,
time stands still, I am but a lost child
on the gravel of Pointe-aux-Trembles
Machine Mother take me.
Pointe-aux-Trembles was realized in 1996 in the studio of the Faculty of Music of the Université de Montréal and premiered on May 3, 1996 at Université de Montréal. The final version premiered on March 28, 1998 at the concert of the 5th Prix international Noroit-Léonce Petitot (Arras, France). Thanks to Marcelle Deschênes who has always understood my work so well. Thanks to Alexandre Burton for his capable fingers during the mixing sessions, and especially for getting me out of technical nightmares. Pointe-aux-Trembles was a finalist for the Prix international Noroit-Léonce Petitot in 1997 and was first recorded on the Prix international Noroit-Léonce Petitot 1997 disc (NOR 5).
- May 3, 1996, Concert, Faculté de musique — Université de Montréal, Montréal (Québec)
- March 28, 1998, Premiere of the final version: 5e Prix international Noroit-Léonce Petitot, Centre culturel Noroit, Arras (Pas-de-Calais, France)
- 1996, Faculté de musique – Université de Montréal, Montréal (Québec)