- Year of composition: 1995
- Duration: 16:19
- Instrumentation: piano, synthetizer (Roland JV-80, Max/MSP sampler) and stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: SMCQ, with support from the CALQ
- ISWC: T0703682443
- 44,1 kHz, 16 bits
I completed this piece thanks to the help of Chopin who, for the occasion, loaned me his Fantaisie-Impromptu in
Impromptu 2 premiered on January 30, 1996 by Manuel Schweizer, piano, and Anne Gaudemer, keyboard both from the Ensemble Grame, during the concert Live from Lyon produced by SMCQ at Salle Pierre-Mercure in Montréal. Impromptu 2 was commissioned by the SMCQ with support from the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec (CALQ).
- 1994, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
- January 30, 1996, Manuel Schweizer, piano; Anne Gaudemer, keyboard • Live from Lyon, Salle Pierre-Mercure — Centre Pierre-Péladeau, Montréal (Québec)
About this sound recording
This performance of Impromptu 2 was performed by Jacques Drouin, piano, and Lorraine Vaillancourt, keyboard, recorded at the Conservatoire de musique de Montréal by Jean Landry in December 2000, and mixed at the composer’s studio.
- 2000-12, Jean Landry • Conservatoire de musique de Montréal, Montréal (Québec)
- Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)