- Year of composition: 2001
- Duration: 10:23
- Instrumentation: bass flute (piccolo) and 4-channel fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- Commission: Claire Marchand, with support from the CALQ
- ISWC: T0715552763
- 44,1 kHz, 16 bits
An encounter between instrumental sound as immediacy and individuality, with voluntarily restrained sonorities, and electroacoustic sounds, with dense and profound sonorities and movement, as an overture to the otherness at the very heart of sonic structure.
[English translation: Sean Ferguson, Traçantes]
low memory #2, a mixed work for bass flute / piccolo, and 4-track tape, was realized during 2001 at the composer’s studio and premiered April 8, 2001, by Claire Marchand at Studio 12 of the Maison de Radio-Canada in Montréal for the program Résonances, produced by Laurent Major. This piece is a commission of Claire Marchand, with support from the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec (CALQ). My thanks to Claire Marchand. low memory #2 was a finalist in the 29th Bourges International Electroacoustic Music and Sonic Art Competition (France, 2002) and received a special mention at the Biennial Acousmatic Composition Competition, Métamorphoses 2002 (Brussels, Belgium) and was recorded in 2003 on the disc Métamorphoses 2002, Musiques & Recherches (MR 2002).
- 2001, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
- April 8, 2001, Claire Marchand, bass flute, piccolo • Flûte! un concert…, Studio 12 — Maison de Radio-Canada, Montréal (Québec)
- Special Mention, 2nd Biennial Acousmatic Composition Competition Métamorphoses 2002, Ohain (Belgium)
About this sound recording
This stereophonic version was realized in 2002 at the composer’s studio.
- Claire Marchand, flutes
- Montréal (Québec)
- 2002, version 2.0: Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)