- Year of composition: 1990-91
- Duration: 11:18
- Instrumentation: ondes Martenot, interactive system and stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Yul média
- ISWC: T0715412126
- 48 kHz, 24 bits
In this piece, the ondes Martenot is linked to a MIDI converter, enabling the performer to play, in addition to her instrument, other MIDI instruments (synthesizer, sampler, and the entirety of the processing). This ’super-instrument’ gives access to a profusion of sounds — simple and complex — which surround and accompany the timbre of the ondes Martenot while remaining responsive to the nuances imparted by the performer.
Là où vont les nuages… [Where the Clouds Go…] was realized at the composer’s studio in 1990. It was presented on June 5, 1991 by Suzanne Binet-Audet, to whom this work is dedicated, during the 3rd CEC Electroacoustic Days, >>Perspectives->->, at Concordia University in Montréal. It was also presented at the 1993 International Computer Music Conference (ICMC ’93) in Tokyo (Japan). Là où vont les nuages… was finalist at the 23rd Bourges International Electroacoustic Music Competition (France, 1996).
- June 5, 1991, Suzanne Binet-Audet, ondes Martenot; Gilles Gobeil, diffusion • >>Perspectives->->: Concert, Salle de concert — Université Concordia, Montréal (Québec)
- 1990, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
- 2004, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
About this recording
This version was adapted in 2004 and recorded by Gilles Gobeil on January 11, 2005, in Boucherville (Québec), and mixed by the composer and the performer in the composer’s studio in January 2005.
- Suzanne Binet-Audet, ondes Martenot
- 2005-01-11, Gilles Gobeil • Boucherville (Québec)