- Year of composition: 1999-2002
- Duration: 21:17
- Instrumentation: ondes Martenot and stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Yul média
- ISWC: T0722229426
- 48 kHz, 24 bits
A personal interpretation of a Gnostic text from the second century, entitled Hymn of the Pearl and attributed to Bardesanes (152-222).
[English translation: François Couture, iii-05]
La perle et l’oubli [Pearl and Oblivion] premiered on January 7, 2002, at the Stadtgarten in Köln (Germany), at a concert presented by the WDR3, with Suzanne Binet-Audet at the ondes Martenot. The North American premiere took place on September 14, 2002, at a concert presented by the Vancouver New Music Society.
- January 7, 2002, Suzanne Binet-Audet, ondes Martenot • Concert, Stadtgarten, Cologne (Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany)
- 1999 – 2002, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
About this recording
This version was recorded by Gilles Gobeil on December 16-17, 2004, in Boucherville (Québec) and mixed by the composer and the performer at the composer’s studio in January 2005.
- Suzanne Binet-Audet, ondes Martenot
- 2004-12-16 – 2004-12-17, Gilles Gobeil • Boucherville (Québec)
La perle et l’oubli (1999-2002, 21:17) by Gilles Gobeil