- Year of composition: 2003-04
- Duration: 14:30
- Instrumentation: stereo fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T0725159603
- 96 kHz, 24 bits
Babies have extremely sensitive ears, particularly refined in the treble and mid-treble range. This allows them to hear the smallest variations in acoustic pressure. The tiniest sound can appear to be gigantic. Lacking a frame of reference, the baby is easily astonished or frightened by sounds more “cultured” ears would find common.
[English translation: François Couture, x-07]
Pièces pour petites oreilles [Pieces for Tiny Ears] was realized in 2003-04 at the studio of the Conservatoire de musique de Montréal and at the composer’s studio. It premiered on April 19, 2004 at the Maison de la culture du Plateau-Mont-Royal in Montréal. Pièces pour petites oreilles has won Third Prize at the Hugh Le Caine Award of the SOCAN Foundation Awards for Young Composers (Canada, 2006).
- 2003 – 2004, Conservatoire de musique de Montréal, Montréal (Québec)
- 2003 – 2004, Personal studio, Montréal (Québec)
- April 19, 2004, Concert, Maison de la culture du Plateau-Mont-Royal, Montréal (Québec)