- Year of composition: 2007-08
- Duration: 12:54
- Instrumentation: cello and processing
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- 48 kHz, 24 bits
In Rhizaria (Barely: part-4) the idea of ‘experienced thresholds’ are explored with extreme close microphones and live electronics capturing nuances of the cello’s quieter sound world and performance details in a way a listener never hears. In this work the electronic layers are created directly from the cellist’s performance. The idea is to ensure a unity of electronic sound and gesture over micro- and macro-time.
Rhizaria (Barely: part-4) was realized in 2007-08 at the composer’s studio and premiered by Tanja Orning and Natasha Barrett on the 7 December 2008 during the Kick-Off Festival presented by Electric Audio Unit at Det Åpne Teater in Oslo (Norway). The work was researched and composed during a stipend from the Norsk kulturråd (Arts Council Norway), 2006-08.
- December 7, 2008, Tanja Orning, cello; Natasha Barrett, processing • Electric Audio Unit Kick-Off Festival: Concert, Det Åpne Teater, Oslo (Norway)
- 2007 – 2008, Personal studio, Oslo (Norway)
About this recording
This version was recorded at the Notam (Norwegian network for Technology, Acoustics and Music) in Oslo (Norway) in May 2009 and mixed in the composer’s studio in June 2009.
- 2009-05, Norwegian network for Technology, Acoustics and Music, Oslo (Norway)
- 2009-06, Personal studio, Oslo (Norway)