- Year of composition: 2008
- Duration: 14:19
- Instrumentation: fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Ymx média
- ISWC: T9061529735
- AAC, 320 kbps
- MP3, 320 kbps
- 48 kHz, 24 bits
- Des enfants-sirènes (2nd movement of Parcelles 1)
- Les secrets d’une inconnue (4th movement of Parcelles 1)
- Quelque chose de la solitude (5th movement of Parcelles 2)
- Brazil Wins (4th movement of Parcelles 2)
The starting point for these sections: from a template soundscape, pitched sounds and rhythmical/punctual events are notated in MIDI format; this information is used to trigger samplers and synthesizers. Only the MIDI files and their respective soundscapes have been used again; the instruments have changed and evolved.
[English translation: François Couture]
Parcelles 21 was realized in 2008 at the composer’s studio and premiered under the title Ersatz on December 12, 2008 during the concert series Akousma (5) presented by Réseaux des arts médiatiques at the Monument-National’s Studio Hydro-Québec in Montréal (Québec). Thanks to the Canada Council for the Arts (CCA).
- December 12, 2008, Akousma (5): Programme double, Studio Hydro-Québec — Monument-National, Montréal (Québec)
About this recording
This version was mastered in March 2011 by Dominique Bassal in Montréal.