- Year of composition: 2008-11
- Duration: 9:28
- Instrumentation: fixed medium
- Publisher(s): Yul média
- ISWC: T9057661413
- 44,1 kHz, 16 bits
Vibrational motions pervade the texture here and suggest an external world seen too close up for one to recognize any substances themselves. This piece attempts to convey a hyper-frenetic immobility. Physical modeling techniques were used to sculpt small sections of this piece, objects which emerge out of nowhere. As embedded gestural fragments they are intriguing residue from unknown sources entangled momentarily in the sonic mesh.
Soundendipities was realized during 2008 and ’11 at the composer’s studio in New York City (NY, USA). An early version of this work premiered under the title Venus on April 10, 2008 at the Black Box Theater of the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts of the University of Florida as part of the Florida Electroacoustic Music Festival in Gainesville (FL, USA).
- April 10, 2008, Under the title Venus: Florida Electroacoustic Music Festival 2008: Concert 3, Black Box Theatre — Curtis M Phillips Center for the Performing Arts — University of Florida, Gainesville (Florida, USA)
- 2008 – 2011, Personal studio, New York City (New York, USA)
- 2011-12-18, Dominique Bassal • Studio Inverse, Montréal (Québec)